Dr Meenakshi Srinivasan, founder and principal of this school is constantly working towards creation of tools and methods to achieve our vision. Currently, she is working on creation of text books, language instructor training programs and other multi-media services for students interested in learning Sanskrit. Details of some of the work currently underway / completed are given below:
- An online administration tool is coming into operation this year. It will be used as a link between the students and the teachers to keep the student details updated, attendance, student reports, homework allocation, etc.
- We, at Sydney Sanskrit School have provisions for ongoing teacher training programs, camps and examinations for keeping updated with the nuances of the language. One such examination that the teachers undertake is the Prathama examination conducted by the Sri Surasaraswati Sabha (http://www.surasaraswathisabha.org/examinations/saral-samskrit-examinations/prathama/)
- Zoo book – a colourful picture book showing some animals in the zoo. The book can be used in all levels. It can be used as a reading book for the junior most students and as a means of teaching the grammar component (Shabdaroopa)
- Set of seven Vibhakti books are underway for the senior students to use as textbooks in class.
- Textbooks are also being developed to be used in classes of all levels.
- We are also in the process of getting together a set of fun activities and games to be used in class.